Summer Triathlon Training Camp - New Preston / New Milford CT Friday July 28 through Sunday July 30, 2017
Podium Training will once again be in the New Preston CT area for a weekend of swim mechanics and high intensity training. Run mechanics, race-specific training sessions, bike skills & handling, open water swim sessions, and more.
This camp will again be held in the foothills of the Berkshires - an amazing backdrop to all of the upcoming sessions. On top of the training sessions, there will be educational sessions designed to cover topics that allow you to leave the camp not only with improvements to your swim stroke, running stride, and cycling ability, but with information that you can utilize to improve your training moving forward.
We will also be including additional (optional) training sessions throughout this camp. More sessions, more quality work.
The tentative schedule of events follows (subject to change)
Friday 28 July
- 5:00p: Meet and greet (refreshments will be provided)
- Sanctioning forms.
- Final weekend agenda and schedule.
Saturday 29 July
- 7:00a-8:30a: Swim session. Mechanics & Form. Video analysis.
- 9:00a-11:00a: Run mechanics / Anaerobic session
- 11:30a-1:00p: Lunch and presentation - Lunch provided
- 1:45p-3:00p: Bike handling & skills training (Shorter session)
- 3:00p-5:00p: Optional group ride (supported) or break.
- 6:30p: Group dinner - TBA
Sunday 30 July
- 7:00a-8:30a: Swim session. Threshold & speed training.
- 9:30a-10:45a: Race specific run training session.
- 11:00a-12:00n: Open water training.
- 12:00n - 1:00p: Swim-Bike transition session
- 1:00p: Optional group run or continued transition work
- 2:00p: Camp concludes.
We will also be providing some additional services as requested. Bike fits, running regression rate testing, and nutritional consultation and guidance can be scheduled with the coaching staff. Additional fees may apply. Contact Dave for more information.
This camp will focus on form and mechanics as well as race specific training sessions as you begin your final push into the fall racing season. Paired with the relaxing environment and scenic area your family can, and should, join you for this camp.
This is a USA Triathlon sanctioned event. For insurance purposes you must be a USA Triathlon member. If you're not a USA Triathlon member, one-day waiver forms and yearly membership forms will be available.
The cost is $325.00, and includes the above-mentioned sessions. Hydration and sports nutrition products for the weekend will be provided. Lunch will be provided on Saturday. Dinner will also be provided on Saturday. Individuals will be responsible for their meals outside of the above-mentioned schedule.
To register for the Podium Training Systems fall CT triathlon camp, please click on the link below
There are numerous lodging options in the New Milford, Warren, and New Preston CT areas, including the following amazing B&B's
- The Hopkins Inn: http://www.thehopkinsinn.com/
- Candlelight Farms Inn: http://www.candlelightfarmsinn.com/
- The Sachem Farmhouse: http://www.thesachemfarmhouse.com/
There are many other options in the area. You can reach out to us for additional lodging alternatives if need be.
If you require more information, please contact dave via email@example.com - We look forward to seeing you in July!
Full refunds cannot be given within 60 days of the clinic. Within 60 days, a 50% refund can be provided. No refunds will be given within 30 days of the clinic. Please contact Dave for more information.