What better way to recovery after a long ride, or run, than with a protein and good-carb laden smoothie. It's sweet, refreshing, and helps you kick-start your post-workout recovery regime. Great whole-grains, potassium, and quality protein make this our go-to recovery shake or meal replacement. Thanks to JL Fields from the Colorado Springs Vegan Cooking Academy for assisting with all of our upcoming recipes!
Podium Training Recovery Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1/2 cup frozen cherries
- 1 banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tablespoon flax or hemp seeds
- Coconut water (or water), as needed
1. Place all ingredients in a blender; blend for 20 to 30 seconds (add water if too thick). Add more or less oats to your preference.